This strain has consistently deep, true cobalt blue flowers. The tall, strong florets have strongly contrasting white central bees. This variety is one of the wonderful New Millennium series of delphiniums developed in New Zealand.
- Height: 122 - 183 cm (48 - 72 in)
- Spread: 46 - 61 cm (18 - 24 in)
- Cold Hardiness: Zone 3
- Sun or Shade: sun to partial sun
- Bloom Time: early summer
- Leaf Colour: green
- Bloom Colour: blue
- Critter Resistance: deer and rabbits
- Nature Attraction: butterflies and bees
Growing and Maintenance Tips
Delphiniums are fussier than a lot of other perennials. They require rich, well drained soil that has been amended with compost. The soil pH should be neutral to alkaline. They grow best in full sun. Although the Millenium series have stronger stems than older varieties, we still recommend staking to prevent damage from heavy wind and rain.