Iris 'Batik' has royal purple flowers with widely irregular, spattered and streaked white markings on both standards and falls. It has a very distinctive look.
- Height: 61 - 66cm (24 - 26in)
- Spread: 30 - 46cm (12 - 18in)
- Cold Hardiness: Zone 3
- Sun or Shade: sun to partial sun
- Bloom Time: late spring
- Leaf Colour: green
- Bloom Colour: purple streaked white
- Critter Resistance: deer and rabbits
Growing and Maintenance Tips
Bearded Iris require two things to grow well, sun and well drained soil. They will not tolerate wet feet and will rot unless the soil is well drained year around. They will grow in any good garden soil as long as the drainage is adequate. Division is recommended every three years to keep the clumps flowering well. Rhizomes must be planted so that the soil barely covers the top of them.