Heliopsis 'Tuscan Sun' is a very compact, carefree native cultivar that is a beacon of colour in the sunny border. The golden yellow daisy-like flowers are produced over a long period in mid summer. It has strong stems and lush green foliage and does not require staking. It is also a good cut flower.
- Height: 61 - 91 cm (24 - 36 in)
- Spread: 51 - 61 cm (20 - 24 in)
- Cold Hardiness: Zone 3
- Sun or Shade: sun to partial sun
- Bloom Time: mid to late summer
- Leaf Colour: green
- Bloom Colour: yellow
- Nature Attraction: butterflies
Growing and Maintenance Tips
Heliopsis likes full sun and average, well drained soil. Excessive moisture or over overfertilizing will make Heliopsis floppy. Dead heading will extend the bloom time and keep the plants looking attractive.