Dicentra 'Aurora' is a variety of Dicentra that has been around for a long time but is underused. The attractive grey-green fern-like foliage looks good throughout the season. The creamy white flowers are produced heavily in spring and then periodically throughout the summer. In our garden it blooms most of the summer.
- Height: 25 - 30 cm (10 - 12 in)
- Spread: 36 - 46 cm (14 - 18 in)
- Cold Hardiness: Zone 3
- Sun or Shade: partial sun to partial shade
- Bloom Time: late spring to summer
- Leaf Colour: bluish-green
- Bloom Colour: white
- Critter Resistance: deer
Growing and Maintenance Tips
Dicentra is a woodland plant that likes rich, organic soil that is moist but well drained. At planting time amend the soil with compost and apply a mulch to conserve moisture. It can be cut back in the late fall or the spring.