Not Available. Archived for Information Only
Dicentra 'Burning Heart' is a long blooming selection that produces striking, rose red heart-shaped flowers with a white edge. The compact foliage is blue grey and very finally textured. Blooming continues all season long if adequate moisture is provided.
- Height: 25 - 30 cm (10 - 12 in)
- Spread: 30 - 36 cm (12 - 14 in)
- Cold Hardiness: Zone 3
- Sun or Shade: partial sun to partial shade
- Bloom Time: late spring to summer
- Leaf Colour: silver grey
- Bloom Colour: red
- Critter Resistance: deer
- Nature Attraction: hummingbirds
Growing and Maintenance Tips
Dicentra is a woodland plant that likes rich, organic soil that is moist but well drained. At planting time amend the soil with compost and apply a mulch to conserve moisture. It can be cut back in the late fall or the spring.