Campanula glomerata 'Freya' is an extremely free flowering selection producing dense clusters of lilac purple, star shaped flowers nearly all the way up the strong stems. The plant forms sturdy clumping rosettes of green leaves but is not invasive like some of the older glomerata varieties. Bloom starts in June and continues into mid July.
- Height: 36 - 41 cm (14 - 16 in)
- Spread: 41 - 46 cm (16 - 18 in)
- Cold Hardiness: Zone 3
- Sun or Shade: sun to partial shade
- Bloom Time: late spring to early summer
- Leaf Colour: green
- Bloom Colour: lilac purple
- Critter Resistance: deer
- Nature Attraction: hummingbirds
Growing and Maintenance Tips
Campanula 'Freya' is an easy care perennial that likes fertile, well drained soil in full sun to light shade. The pH should be neutral to alkaline so very acid soil will need to be amended with lime. Cut the plant down to the basal rosette after flowering to maintain a tidy appearance.