available late May
About This Grass
Miscanthus sinensis 'Morning Light' is a very compact variety with fine green foliage and a distinctive white midrib. The foliage has an overall silvery look. It has an arching habit and is an excellent foreground grass in a border. It spreads slowly and keeps a tight clump shape. It is a late bloomer with plumes that emerge bronze-red and turn silvery white as they age.
- Height: 122 - 183 cm (48- 72 in)
- Spread: 91 - 122 cm (36-48 in)
- Cold Hardiness: zone 5
- Sun or Shade: Sun to light shade
- Bloom Time: Fall
- Leaf Colour: green with white midrib
- Bloom Colour: reddish copper turning silvery white
- Critter Resistance: deer and rabbits
- Nature Attraction: birds
Growing and Maintenance Tips
Miscanthus prefers moist but well drained soil in full sun to partial sun. It is adaptable to many soil types including clay and sandy soils. The clump expands slowly by short rhizomes but will retain a tight clumping form. The foliage should be left standing throughout the winter for visual interest and to provide protection for the crown.