available mid May
About This Grass
Calamagrostis acutiflora 'Overdam' is a very compact grass that forms upright clumps of stiff, narrow leaves variegated with green and white stripes. It looks best from spring to early summer in our garden. It does not like to dry out and the foliage will turn brown and look unattractive if even moisture is not maintained. In early summer it produces tightly vertical flower stalks of feathery pinkish green which turn golden tan later in the summer.
- Height: 76 - 122 cm (30-48 in)
- Spread: 60 - 71 cm (24-28 in)
- Cold Hardiness: zone 4
- Sun or Shade: Sun to mostly sun
- Bloom Time: late Summer to Fall
- Leaf Colour: white and green variegated
- Bloom Colour: pinkish turning bronze
- Critter Resistance: deer and rabbits
- Nature Attraction: birds
Growing and Maintenance Tips
Overdam' prefers a moist rich soil that does not dry out. The foliage will become unattactive in ho, dry summer conditions. It will tolerate clay and wetter sites. Cut it back early in the spring before new growth begins. Division can be done in the spring or late summer.