available late May
About This Grass
Leaves of Arundo Donax Versicolour are broad and strongly striped with creamy yellow and green. This variety does not grow as rapidly or as big as the green variety . However, it does make a really striking centerpiece in a grass garden or mixed border. This variety has also survived for over five years in our grass garden.
- Height: 152 - 183 cm (5-6 ft)
- Spread: 91 - 122 cm (36-48 in)
- Cold Hardiness: Zone 6
- Sun or Shade: Sun
- Bloom Time: does not bloom in Zone 4
- Leaf Colour: green and white variegated
- Bloom Colour: does not bloom in Zone 4
- Critter Resistance: deer and rabbits
- Nature Attraction: none
Growing and Maintenance Tips
Arundo Donax Variegata is adaptable to many soil types but will not tolerate sites that are wet in the winter. In our area the canes can be left standing in the winter and extra mulch piled around them. If you cut it down protect the plant with a styrofoam rose cone.